Consumer Protection: Insurance
Facts about the insurance industry:
- $25.2 billion in profits in 2003 (top 10 carriers)?
- HMO 86% profit increase – Weiss Ratings?
- $9 billion in industry underwriting profit?
- Property & casualty insurance companies increased profits 1000% in 2003 – Ins. Services Office?
- Insurance CEO’s totaled $76.6 million in 2003 (Top 10) – Forbes?
- Insurance & large corporations driving "Tort Reform Agenda"?
If you would like to find out more information about insurance in Colorado, how to file a complaint or how to access insurance rate filing information, please visit the web site for the Division of Insurance at http://www.dora.state.co.us/Insurance/
Beginning January 1, 2008 all insurance rate filing summaries will be filed electronically and made available online for all consumers to see as a result of my legislation 07-1235 (M. Carroll / Tochtrop).
If you want to file a complaint you can do so here: http://www.dora.state.co.us/pls/real/Ins_Complaint.Submit_Form.You can also contact the Division of Insurance at:
1560 Broadway, Suite 850, Denver, CO 80202
(303) 894-7499 - Phone
(303) 894-7455 - Fax
(303) 894-7490 - Consumer Information
(800) 930-3745 - Toll Free E-Mail
Printable Version of this Page