Senate President Morgan Carroll
Senate District 29 - Aurora, CO
CLICK HERE to participate in a survey on YOUR priorities
To See My Page on Facebook, Click Here
Morgan Carroll represents Colorado Senate District 29. In December of 2013 she was elected unanimously by her caucus to serve as President of the Senate after having served as the Senate Majority Leader.
She has previously served as Chair of Senate Judiciary, as a member of Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee and on the Senate Health and Human Services Committee, the Legislative Audit Committee and the Legal Services Committee. Morgan was also Chair of the Interim Committee on Pinnacol Assurance.
Morgan served in the Colorado House from 2005 - 2008 and served as Majority Caucus Chair, vice-chair of Judiciary Committee and on the Business Affairs and Labor committees. She served as a Commissioner to the National Commission on Uniform Laws, and to the Legislative Epidemic Response Committee.
Morgan was voted Rising Star, received the Excellence in Service Award from the National Guard Foundation, and was critic's and readers choice for Best Local Politician from the Aurora Sun Sentinel.
She has fought for homeowner's and private property rights, assistance for troops and veterans, health care and insurance reform, patients' rights, for better more efficient government, workers' rights, alternatives to litigation, lobby reforms, economic recovery and fiscal responsibility.
Morgan Carroll is an attorney who works for the Law Firm of Bachus & Schanker. She previously practiced law for ten years in the law firm of Bradley & Carroll, P.C. (a mother-daughter lawfirm). Her areas of legal emphasis have been on disability advocacy and helping ordinary people know and enforce their rights. Her decision to go to law school was motivated by a deep desire to help with social justice issues.
(Sen. Morgan Carroll and her mom, former law partner Rebecca Bradley)
Before becoming an attorney, Morgan had been a manager in several large companies and had previously worked as a bookkeeper, paralegal, legal secretary, cashier. She spent signficant time doing customer service as part of each job.
HONORS & AWARDS:
- "Winner" 2014 Legislative Session - Denver Post
- Nominee National Rising Star - Emiiy's List
- 4th Most Powerful Person in Denver - 5280 Magazine
- Top 10 Most Influential Women in Colorado - Denver Post Readers
- Legislator of the Year Award - Colorado Social Legislation Committee
- Joseph Award - Lutheran Ministries Advocacy
- Ralph Carr Award Political Courage - American Civil Liberties Union
- Democrat Of The Year - Arapahoe County Dems
- Wilma Webb Legislator of the Year Award - African American Voice
- Health Care for All Colorado Award - Colorado Organizations Responding to AIDS
- Health Care Access Award - Colorado Cross Disabilities Coalition
- Sue O'Brien Award Public Service - CO Freedom of Information Council
- Leadership Award Health Care - Colorado Nurse Alliance
- Best Local Politician - Critics' Choice Aurora Sentinel
- Best Local Politician - Readers' Choice Aurora Sentinel
- Excellence in Service Award - National Guard Foundation
- Distinguished Legislator Award - United Veterans Committee
- Received Rising Star Award - Colorado Democratic Party
- Legislator of the Year - CTLA
- Armed Services Recognition - City of Aurora
Morgan Carroll received all of her education from the Colorado Public School system. She graduated from Boulder High School in 1990. She earned her BA in Psychology (with Distinction) and a minor in Political Science with emphasis on Indigenous Politics, was a Student Judge and graduated as Outstanding Graduating Senior in 1996 from CU Denver. She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from CU School of Law in 2000 and was Class President, and co-founded Students for Justice in Northern Ireland. She was the recipient of several merit scholarships.
Boulder High School Graduation 1990
CU Denver Graduation 1997
CU Law Graduation 2000
Morgan has traveled extensively and studied languages, comparative governments and political systems along the way. Her travels include: Austria, Belize, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, (Former) Soviet Union [Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia, Azherbaizhan], Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
Morgan Carroll & Friend in Peruvian Jungle
Morgan Carroll on Huena Pichu with Macchu Pichu behind (Peru)
Morgan previously studied Kung Fu. She was a dancer for 16 years, choreographed and taught dance for 2 years. She performed with the Boulder Performing Arts Company. She studied flute, performed and competed in several music competitions. She also taught Hebrew at Har Ha Shem in Boulder. She co-founded the International Ethics Society with an emphasis on international human rights.
Photo: Rocky Mountain News
Hobbies include: horse-back riding, reading, writing, home improvement, gardening, travel, languages, and social justice activism.
Rebecca Bradley (mom), Morgan, John Carroll (dad), Doug Bradley (brother)
Morgan's mom (Rebecca) with her Ocelot, Kulkukan.
Morgan's dad, John Carroll
Former Colorado State Representative Adams County
Debra (Bean), Michael, Margie, Barbara & Joan
Doug (Morgan's Brother), Morgan, Rebecca (Morgan's mom), and John (Morgan's dad)
IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY FATHER JOHN S. CARROLL
(June 10, 1928 - January 29, 1998)
John S. Carroll, World Traveler, Linguist
Depicted with hieroglyphic rune-stones he helped translate
THE FOUR-LEGGED FAMILY
(Photo: Morgan Carroll)
(Photo: Morgan Carroll)
(Photo: Mike Weissman)